Do you need a healthy side for an upcoming socially distanced picnic? Check out this delicious summer time recipe!
- ½ cup light sour cream (for a healthier option, substitute 0% fat plain Greek yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons reduced or low fat mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons vinegar (white balsamic if you have it)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 cups unpeeled chopped apples, about 1 medium one (Rome or Granny Smiths are the tastiest!)
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 16oz package of cabbage and carrot slaw or broccoli slaw (for a healthier, more nutritious option, add extra shredded carrots)
Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stir with a fork or whisk. Add chopped apple, 1 cup raisins, coleslaw; toss to combine.
If you are interested in learning about how to add healthier food options into your diet, please talk with your HJAHC primary care provider!