Centering Families Program
Henry J. Austin Health Center’s ‘Centering Families’ program is based on the curriculum of the national Centering Healthcare Institute’s ‘Centering Parenting.’ The program acknowledges the significance of both the baby’s and the parent’s health. Parents are urged to engage in conversations about their health goals, practice positive parenting skills, manage stress, focus on family nutrition, and consider family planning.
In Henry J. Austin Health Center’s Centering Families program:
- The visits combine one-on-one child health assessments, interactive learning and community building in a group setting with other moms.
- Babies are all the same age or very close to the same age in the groups with their moms.
- Each group brings together 5-6 mom’s and their babies.
- The group will meet together over 9 shared visits starting at the 2-month-old well checkup for the babies.
- The clinician for the group will provide well childcare and also support the health and safety issues of the mothers as well.
Henry J. Austin Health Center’s, Centering Families is a group care model of the Centering Healthcare Institute (CHI), Centering Parenting.
Details & Contacts
Location of Centering Families program: Available at 321 North Warren Street and also available to everyone through telemedicine.
On-site Lab: 321 North Warren Street, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
On-site Pharmacy: 321 North Warren Street, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. | Saturdays, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Centering Families Contact Number: 609-278-6009
Centering Families Coordinator:Logi Thambidurai