Centering Families Program
Henry J. Austin Health Center’s Centering Families program is based off of the Centering Parenting program. This program recognizes the importance of not only the baby’s health but also the mom’s. In group, moms monitor their own health goals and address key topics including stress management, nutrition and weight, and family planning.
In Henry J. Austin health Center’s Centering Families program:
- The visits combine one on one child health assessments, interactive learning and community building in a group setting with other moms.
- Babies are all the same age or very close to the same age in the groups with their moms.
- These groups bring together 5 to 6 mom’s and their babies.
- They group will meet together over 9 shared visits starting at the 2 month-old well checkup for the babies.
- The clinician for the group will provide well child care and also support the health and safety issues of the mothers as well.
Henry J. Austin Health Center’s, Centering Families is a group care model of the Centering Healthcare Institute (CHI), CenteringParenting.
Location of Centering Families program: Available at 321 North Warren Street and it is also available to everyone through telemedicine
On-site Lab: at 321 North Warren Street, Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4 PM
On-site Pharmacy: at 321 North Warren Street, Monday through Friday 9 AM to 5 PM
Centering Families Contact Number: 609-278-6009
Centering Families Coordinator: Preeti Bhandari