Project ACCESS (Austin Center for Comprehensive Early Intervention and Support Services) is Austin’s program for those affected by or infected with HIV.
Funding for Project ACCESS is through the Department of Health and Senior Services with federal monies provided by the Ryan White Care Act, Title II and has been based at our Warren Street site since 2002. Our comprehensive team includes an infectious disease physician, nurse practitioner, nursing staff, case managers, behavioral health providers, a nutritionist, a community health worker and linkage to care coordinator – all with a special interest in and knowledge of HIV.
- Comprehensive, confidential medical care at no cost if you are uninsured; most insurances accepted as well; same-day appointments and walk-in patients can be accommodated
- Integrated care model where behavioral health and medical care are provided during the same visit
- Project based medication assisted treatment including suboxone for those struggling with opioid use disorder and other substance use issues
- Linkage to Care and Community Health Worker to assist you in accessing care and connecting with services. This may include one on one sessions, reminder calls and home visits – all based on the level of support you need and request
- Case management/social work services will assist in accessing and/or obtaining benefits for which you may qualify, such as food, housing, legal support and medication assistance
- Free confidential counseling and testing for you, your partners, and others at risk
- On-site specialty services, including dental, gynecology, podiatry, nutrition, and behavioral health; off-site referrals and/or services are coordinated by our staff; sub-specialty consultations are available even for those patients without insurance
- Van service to and from Warren Street office visits as well as in-county appointments and testing; bus tickets may also be available for additional transportation through our case managers
- Nutritional counseling may include the provision of grocery gift cards for those with special needs or food insecurity
- Bilingual staff (Spanish); translation services are available for other languages
Office hours, Monday – Friday 8 AM – 5 PM and selected Saturdays 9 AM – 12 PM
On-site lab, Monday – Friday 8 AM – 4 PM and Saturdays 9 AM – 12 PM
On-site pharmacy, Monday – Friday 9 AM – 5 PM