Status: Full Time
Department: Operations- Facilities
Location: All Sites
Grant or HJAHC: HJAHC
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, provides assistance and protection to persons and property in and about Henry J. Austin Health Center’s building, grounds and parking areas; maintains orderly conditions and takes measures required to assure observance of the law; responsible for related duties including, but not limited to,
- Makes scheduled walking tours of facility and grounds to ensure security, and watches for conditions that could result in injury or loss due to fire, water leakage, spills or sewerage backup.
- Reports to supervisor or police authorities any unusual or suspicious condition detected.
- Guards employee entrance during arrival and departure of employees at main shift changes.
- Opens or locks doors, windows and gates at proper times based on operating schedule.
- Reports to supervisor any incidents of visitor, driver or employee actions which could result in injury or loss to company or employees.
- Greets all patients/clients/customers via telephone or directly in a personal and professional manner.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Makes a positive contribution to the morale and joy of the workplace.
- Participates in fire training as part of facility fire brigade.
- Participates in safety training as required.
- Graduation from high school or vocational school or possession of an approved high school equivalent certificate.
PREREQUISITES FOR THE JOB:
- Appointees must have attained the age of 18 years. Applicants must be citizens of the United States.
- Police department training or security guard experience.
- Must hold a currently valid driver’s license.
- Successfully completed American Red Cross first-aid and CPR course, or equivalent.
- Courteous manner in dealing with public.
- Must have physical strength adequate to deter potential threats.
- Accountable to the Chief Operating Officer for all phases of activities.
- Interacts with all levels of staff including Senior Management, providers, mid-management staff, clerical staff, contractors, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and use hands to handle, finger or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work requires considerable walking to complete tours.
- Ability to tolerate high noise conditions and exposure to weather conditions on outside tours.