Status: Part Time
Hours: M-F 2pm-6pmSat. 9-1
Grant or HJAHC: HJAHC
The primary purpose of the Pharmacy Courier is to provide Pharmacy delivery services to HJAHC patients, part-time shifts Mon-Fri 2pm-6pm, Saturdays 9am-1pm, On-Call/STAT Pick-ups (Company Vehicle provided).
- Pick up prescriptions/supplies in a timely manner and deliver to patients.
- Retrieve signatures and payments from patients.
- Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork, including but not limited to, administrative reports, payment invoices, delivery sheets, mileage statements, and applicable attachments.
- Return all non-deliverable items to the Pharmacy.
- Advise supervisor(s) of any changes or requests from patients so they may make the appropriate arrangements.
- Ensure adherence HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to assure patient confidentiality.
- Adhere to safety standards.
- Conduct self in and appropriate, professional manner and communicate timely.
- Adhere to personal appearance and dress code.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the Pharmacist in Charge that contribute to the daily pharmacy delivery operations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior courier experience within the medical field, preferred
- Strong communications skills – written, verbal, and listening.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- A valid motor vehicle license with a good driving record
- Possess a good sense of direction.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds, road warrior, sit for long periods of time, use hands to push or pull, reach, walk and climb stairs.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’s)
- High energy and enthusiasm, positive, “can-do” attitude with a high degree of initiative
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work in a team and collaborative environment
- Understanding of federal HIPPA rules and ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Ability and willingness to perform duties with purpose and strong sense of urgency
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks/projects
- Familiarity with State and Federal pharmacy laws and regulations
- Knowledge of brand and generic drug names
- High attention to detail
- Must be proficient in basic math skills
- Must be capable of operating cash register
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
Part-Time Non-Exempt (20-25 Hours per week)
PHYSICAL & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This position requires the manual dexterity sufficient to operate mobile devices and other office equipment. The position requires the physical ability to kneel, bend, and perform light lifting. This person must have the ability to write and speak clearly using the English language to convey information and be able to hear at normal speaking levels both in person and over the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Generally, the working conditions are good with little or no exposure to extremes in health, safety hazards and/or hazardous materials.