Licensed Practical Nurse
Status: Full Time
Click here to apply: https://indeedhi.re/2PyC9ZZ
Under the supervision of the Unit Manager and/or Supervisor of Nursing provides professional nursing services on regular and/or emergency basis in accordance with established philosophy during business hours and as assigned. Communicates with physicians and team members about changes in patient’s clinical condition, including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Responsible for related duties including but not limited to, ESSENTIAL
• Prepares assigned patients for examinations and treatments following established nursing procedures.
• Assists provider during examination and treatment as well as provide clinical services as directed by written orders and in professional manner following acceptable standards for a Licensed Practical Nurse as written by the NJ State Board of Nursing.
• Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions in medical record and notifies manager or provider of patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments and significant incidents.
• Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and evaluate condition of patient. And report abnormal finding to Provider or Registered Nurse.
• Adhere to team daily chart check list for patient chart preparation prior to and during patient visits.
• Under the supervision of nursing administration and/or provider staff the LPN can assign tasks to the ancillary staff persons in the absence of the unit manager.
• Instructs and counsels patients and/or significant others (with patient consent) regarding current health condition and health maintenance. Assists in appropriate patient referral and follow-up.
• Maintains accurate and complete nursing documentation in medical record using appropriate templates and forms nursing and assures confidentiality of all information related to patients.
• Assists provider and clinical team staff with ancillary testing and other clinical duties as assigned.
• Receives callers, determines their reasons for visiting the office, provides them with the required information according to procedures and ensures that within the LPN’s scope of practice, the desired objectives are achieved.
• Demonstrates knowledge of accepted nursing standards through their use in all decision making and patient care.
• Assists in the preparation and maintenance of patient rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies to assure efficient patient interaction.
• Assists in maintaining and utilizing a variety of health record indexes, storage, recall, and retrieval systems, including automated data processing systems
• In-puts data into various computer programs including but not limited to the electronic medical records system according to the tabs. Scans lab and reports in chart according to tabs and filing system.
• Completes patient referral documents and pre-certifications in the time frames determined by the Health center. Follow the referral guidelines and provide appropriate clinical information to specialists. Responsible for the maintenance of certain log books as assigned by the department manager.
• Assists in the maintenance of essential medical records and files.
• Set self-management goal and assist other clinical team with goals.
• Notify patients to bring appropriate documents for registration and verify Insurance eligibility when scheduling patient appointments.
• Adhere to scheduling rules for scheduling of appointments confirmation calls and follow-up for no show including DNKA.
• Participate with population management in collaboration with the clinical and care teams as directed by using multiple templates tools: including preventive templates, health maintenance template, CEM, Business Objects reports, UDS reports and Performance Improvement Projects, Quality Improvement and Quality Assurance and any other plans or process to improve patient outcomes.
• Demonstrates flexibility and cooperation in relation to workplace staffing and manpower needs by rotating on an urgent basis and assisting the various departments and satellites as able.
• Demonstrates self-directed learning through participation in staff education and inservice programs.
• Prepares and assist on departmental projects, form completions, and reports.
• Participates in Quality Assessment activities as assigned.
• Seeks guidance and validation from appropriate clinical/management resources when necessary.
• Demonstrates consistent effort to maintain sound working relationships with subordinates, peers and superiors.
• Greets all patients/clients/customers via telephone or directly in a personal and professional manner. Promotes positive patient relations.
• Exhibits professional conduct with patients and fellow employees
• Consistently utilizes appropriate lines of authority as necessary.
• Assumes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Assist staff with Spanish interpretation if bilingual in Spanish.
• Attend job related training as mandated.
• Maintains current licensure
• Completes Continued Education requirements to maintain licensure as directed by the
NJ state board of nursing
• Meets dress code standards; appearance in neat and clean.
• Maintains regulatory requirements.
• Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated time.
• Wears identification while on duty; uses computerized punch time system correctly.
• Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
• Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion.
• Attends annual review and department in-services, as scheduled.
• Attends a minimum of 10 staff meetings annually; reads monthly staff meeting minutes.
• Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
• Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
• Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
• Communicates the mission, visions and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department.
• Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing (L.P.N.); two (2) years
experience as a L.P.N. preferred; previous experience in public health or primary care setting beneficial.
PREREQUISITES FOR THE JOB:
• Must hold current and valid New Jersey Professional Nursing License.
• Must hold current certification in Basic Life Support.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred;
• Pass proficiency testing in Spanish (if bilingual) within 30 days of notification of testing requirement.
• Capable of working with computers and software applications suitable for health care environment.
• Ambulatory Surgery Technician Certification is required for employees who sterilize surgical and medical instruments. The employees who are required to sterilize instruments must pass the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, INC. (CBSPD), Ambulatory Surgery Technician Exam within 6 months of hire.
• Computer literacy and proficiency
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work well with others and to assist the public cooperatively and courteously.
• Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, finger or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand which can be for long periods of time, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Henry J. Austin Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, civil union, domestic partnership, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, sex, gender identity, disability or veteran status.