Bilingual Call Center/ Patient Service Rep.
Status: Full Time
Department: Patient Services
Location: All Sites
Grant or HJAHC: HJAHC
MAJOR FUNCTION:This hybrid position requires excellent communications and customer service skills, and is responsible for professionally responding to telephone inquiries to the Call Center from patients seeking health services provided by Henry J. Austin Health Center, and for front desk registration of patients for healthcare services. Representatives in the Call Center are responsible for solving problems and educating callers about our member health programs and procedures. Front Desk Patient Representatives are responsible for maintaining accurate and efficient patient registration, including accurate collection of payments and accurate and complete insurance information collection, and comprehensive patient enrollment and registration into other programs, such as Medicaid and Uncompensated Care which provide for patient healthcare needs. Patient Representatives ensure a seamless patient transition from the front desk to the clinical departments. This position requires employee to be cross-trained and to be able to perform either function in the Call Center or at the Front Desk based on company needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:CALL CENTER:
- Promptly answers, screens, and processes medical service requests and telephone inquiries with strict adherence to confidentiality agreements and policies and procedures.
- Provides information on Henry J. Austin’s customers’ programs, policies, and procedures.
- Collects and enters patient intake information into the appropriate medical service software system to initiate the transaction. Documentation is to be concise, thorough, and accurate.
- Refers patients to the Henry J. Austin nursing team for triage and medical advice.
- Utilizes automated computer software to schedule appointments, and effectively communicate such information to the appropriate party per established protocols.
- Participates in internal and external educational opportunities relevant to the call center or customer service environment.
- Meets outlined Henry J. Austin quality benchmarks and/or quality indicators as monitored through audits or recordings.
- Supports organizational changes by demonstrating flexibility in providing coverage and/or availability for the call center or front desk patient registration via scheduling adjustments for unexpected absences, events, or call volume variances.
- Manages cash and efficient processing of co-pays. Ensures accuracy with insurance verification procedures.
- Facilitate interoffice team communication with respectful and constructive problem solving and resolve conflict among team members quickly and fairly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all Provider clinical schedules, call and leave schedules.
- Shall efficiently use, monitor and maintain data from EHS modules including, but not limited to, Scheduling and Patient Registration.
- Must be able to tolerate frequent work interruptions, organize work and reset priorities in order to complete work responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Work is affected by frequent changes in procedures and state, federal, and agency regulations. Other changes requiring immediate response are computer changes in billing and accounting system and hospital/medical classification procedures.
- Customer service oriented.
- Must be willing to work at all HJA locations on demand as needed based on business needs.
- Meets Henry J. Austin incentive standards in all categories on a quarterly basis.
- Team player.
- Meets the expectations of our internal and external customers in providing excellent service.
- Demonstrates positive customer relationship skills with all telephone encounters.
- Seeks and supports changes in call flow processes and communication services. Suggests improvements and participates in organized efforts to improve service levels.
- Willingly performs other duties or tasks as assigned and handles multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Promotes sense of pride in call center and positive interpersonal relations among all team members.
- Exhibits commitment to effective problem solving techniques when issues arise.
- Arrives at workstation on time, ready to work, and demonstrates minimal absenteeism.
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills
- Performs similar duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor of Patient Services
- Graduation with proof of high school diploma or possession of an approved high school equivalency certificate required.
- A two-year college degree or other post-secondary education and/or training preferred.
PREREQUISITES FOR THE JOB:
- Skill in the application of modern office techniques and practices and the use and care of office machines and equipment.
- Computer literacy and proficiency.
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred (may be required as indicated by job notice).
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay calm and professional under pressure.
- Must be courteous and have a pleasant/friendly disposition.
- Ability to work well with others and to assist the public cooperatively and courteously.
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to remain on-task to produce high outcomes.
REQUIREMENTS: ·Employee MUST pass the Presumptive Eligibility NJ State exam (Medicaid Enrollment Exam) within the first year of employment.
- Exam preparation class is provided by the State of New Jersey with paid time off by HJAHC to attend a required training class. Employee may be required to use their own earned time if repeat training classes are necessary.
- Failure to pass the Presumptive Eligibility NJ State exam (Medicaid Enrollment exam) within the first year of employment may subject the employee to termination from position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle, finger or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. I have read the above job description and fully understand the requirements set forth therein. I hereby accept the position and agree to abide by the stated requirements, and will perform all duties and responsibilities as delineated.