Accountant I-Accounts Payable
Status: Full Time
Grant or HJAHC: HJAHC
The Accountant is responsible for performing various accounting and financial analytical functions for the issuance of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and internal reporting requirements to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Sound knowledge of accounting functions, month end closing activities and reconciliations
- Assist various departments in accounting issues and queries.
- Follow documentation retention policy to maintain accounting files.
ESSENTIAL AND SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates effective communication, positive attitude, flexibility, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Be a support in finance team with primary responsibility for Accounts Payable functions
- Process invoices and ensure appropriate coding and back up documentation enclosed with invoices
- Prepare check request requisitions with proper approvals
- Process checks with appropriate signatures as necessary
- Update AP checks and cash forecast on a daily basis
- Handle check payments in sync with cash management
- Transmit positive pay information to bank for checks processed
- Handle positive pay exceptions on a daily basis
- Enter and process all manual checks for automated payments in a timely manner
- Enter and apply manual checks for corporate credit card transactions
- Scan invoices with back-ups electronically and process 1099’s and 1096.
- Perform vendor analysis, run vendor trial balance reports, AP analysis, AP aging and AP accruals for month-end
- Assist in AP module for Accounting system migration from Dynamics to MIP
- Work closely with Finance/Revenue Cycle Manager for prioritization of tasks
- Willingness and flexibility to perform tasks and projects assigned in Finance Department
- Ability to keep up with multiple deadlines, project goals, to keep up with high volume of work and wear multiple hats during course of work
- Attitude to get tasks completed and get voucher approvals for timely processing of invoices
- Implementation and maintenance of accounting procedures compliant with GAAP
- Performs any additional duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Works on special projects as needed/assigned.
EDUCATION & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in finance, accounting, or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in accounting professional practices and procedures.
- Computer literate preferable experience with automated accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics), MIP, spreadsheets and word processing, Excel and its functionality.
- Experience in a public health care or community clinic setting & knowledge of fiscal administration as applied to health care operations, preferred.
PREREQUISITES FOR THE JOB:
- Ability to perform detailed work with numerical data and to make arithmetic computations rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
- Computer literacy and proficiency.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to present high level data and information to senior level staff and external stakeholders.
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative
- Must be willing to take ownership of work deliverables to ensure assignments/projects are met in a timely fashion.
- Ability to independently set and achieve goals.
- Ability and willingness to meet critical deadlines
- Promotes positive internal and external relationships.
- Accountable to the Finance/Revenue Cycle Manager
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and use hands to handle, finger or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.