Revenue Cycle Coordinator
Under the supervision of the Finance/Revenue Cycle Manager, the Revenue Cycle Coordinator is responsible to provide support to providers and registration staff. The Revenue Cycle Coordinator provides analytical support to establish and achieve revenue cycle goals and objectives. She/he works closely with the Chief Medical Officer, Chief Operating Officer or designees to enhance provider and registration information required in the revenue cycle process. The Revenue Cycle Coordinator supports optimization of department performance in a variety of areas, including to but not limited to, coding and claims submission and adjudication. Using standard and ad hoc reporting, the Revenue Cycle Coordinator identifies opportunities for improvement and procedural enhancement. As a collaborative position, the Revenue Cycle Coordinator must work together with revenue cycle management vendors, providers, clinical staff, registration/call center staff, finance and IT staff (and staff from other departments) to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of billing patients. The Revenue Cycle Coordinator will be the primary contact for the Revenue Cycle Management Services Vendor. Performs related work including, but not limited to:
• Provides regular reports in conjunction with Revenue Cycle Management Support Services Vendor.
• Confers with Revenue Cycle Management Support Services Vendor (Vendor).
• Updates fee schedules in coordination and contractual arrangements with insurance companies and other payers.
• Provides interface/assistance and support between HJAHC staff (providers and patient representatives/call center staff) and Vendor.
• Responsible to maintain charge master.
• Assists in preparation of required federal report and other grant requirements.
• Reviews and monitors performance and runs ongoing financial and operations reports to ensure Vendor is meeting monthly goals & priorities, and contractual obligations.
Provides written reports to Senior Level staff on a regular basis.
• Provides technical assistance and training to providers and patient representatives/call center staff, as needed.
• Responsible to work with Quality Assurance department to establish and track quality indicators.
• Communicates regularly with the management staff, as appropriate, to ensure the smooth and efficient workflow and processes throughout the revenue cycle.
• Suggests and designs workflow improvements to enhance and strengthen the revenue cycle.
• Conducts month end-reconciliations and reports findings to the Revenue Cycle Billing Manager and CFO.
• Assists and facilitates in the negotiation of payer contracts and the maintenance of provider credentialing.
• Maintains current knowledge of billing practices, procedure codes, and patient insurances. Coordinates ICD-10 and CPT coding with the appropriate providers.
• Facilities and coordinates with Patient Representative/Call Center Supervisor feedback on errors in order to ensure registration/insurance information are properly documented.
• Provides superior customer service to all patients and takes a solutions-oriented approach to all complaints related to patient billing issues.
Performs any additional duties assigned by the Finance/Revenue Cycle Manager.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in medical billing.
• Experienced in managing projects and vendor relationships.
PREREQUISITES FOR THE JOB:
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion with minimum instructions, adhere to prescribed routines and practices, maintain records, and to make reports requiring accuracy.
• Skill in the application of modern office techniques and practices and the use and care of office machines and equipment. Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel for Windows and willingness to learn various software packages.
• Experience with billing software (Athena preferred).
• Exceptional communications skills (verbal and written).
• Accountable to the Finance/Billing Manager for all phases of activities.
• Works closely with the Finance/Revenue Cycle Manager and CFO when system changes occur.
Henry J. Austin Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, civil union, domestic partnership, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, sex, gender identity, disability or veteran status.