The primary focus of this position is to provide leadership and daily administrative and operational support for the work of pharmacy team. Under the supervision of the Director of Pharmacy Services, the Pharmacy Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the provision of high-quality clinical pharmacy services in keeping with principles of client-centered collaborative care and in accordance with all State/Federal laws and HJAHC policies and procedures.
Service Delivery and Planning
• Coordinate the service delivery activities of the pharmacy team, ensuring an integrated, collaborative client-centered approach and patient satisfaction.
• Collaborate with the section chiefs, Departmental Directors, and Administration to facilitate optimal communication between pharmacy and administrative staff and to ensure an effective, coordinated work -flow.
• Respond to day-to-day client, staff and operational issues.
• Manage processes related to pharmacy/primary care clients including partnerships with external agencies and internal review mechanisms, in keeping with HJAHC policies and procedures.
• Interact with pharmacy third party payers and pharmacy vendors to manage current and potential contracts and services
• Ensure all grant requirements related to clinical pharmacy services are adhered to and write and/or contribute to grant reports, as requested.
• Provide leadership and support for staff to enhance the effective use of the electronic health records system. Work with the QI and IT departments to identify training needs.
• Coordinate the planning process for new clinical pharmacy programs and service initiatives, in collaboration with the staff team, Directors and other teams as appropriate.
• Interact with staff to implement processes and clinical pharmacy programs.
• Assist with providing education to providers and various departments on the health center’s pharmacy processes and services.
• Assist with the development and documentation of guidelines related to service delivery and/or professional practice in collaboration with relevant staff.
• Develop agendas for regular staff meetings in collaboration with staff and the Director of Pharmacy Services; ensure that minutes of meetings are maintained and circulated to all stakeholders.
• Ensure high levels of patient satisfaction; ensure timely resolution of patient issues.
Quality Assurance and Improvement
• Regularly review and analyze service delivery and other relevant data. Provide interpretive information to staff and management.
• Work closely with the Director of Pharmacy Services and Pharmacist-In-Charge at Henry J. Austin Pharmacy to establish standards for the pharmacy department and monitor the quality of patient care.
• Provide leadership in the development and implementation of quality improvement initiatives related to clinical pharmacy programs and services.
• Support, coach and supervise assigned staff, including the development and monitoring of goals and individual work plans.
• Assist staff in identifying areas for growth and professional development.
• Provide support and guidance to staff in the areas of effective communication and conflict-resolution.
• Develop and review staff schedules to ensure maximization of service delivery.
• Participate in the recruitment and hiring of pharmacy staff.
• In collaboration with the Director of HR, Director of Pharmacy Services and Pharmacist-In-Charge at Henry J. Austin Pharmacy, coordinate the orientation and training of new pharmacy staff.
• Participate in policy development and review activities.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with external partners as necessary to support and enhance the performance of relevant job responsibilities.
• Participate in team and staff meetings and other meetings and committee work as appropriate to support both service delivery and organizational goals.
• Collect, analyze and report on data and relevant information and participate in research, as determined by HJAHC.
• Communicate effectively with HJAHC staff members and patients to ensure the needs of the staff members and patients are addressed in a courteous, helpful, and timely manner
• Work in a manner that preserves confidentiality.
• Work in a manner that ensures client safety and minimizes risk to clients, volunteers and the Center.
• Work in a manner consistent with the HJAHC Vision, Mission and Guiding Principles.
• Work in a manner that demonstrates self-reflection and personal accountability for work performance.
• Adhere to all HJAHC policies.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Two to three year’s coordination experience; health care leadership is preferred.
● Working knowledge of retail pharmacy considered an asset.
● Prior experience working in a low-income, urban setting with racially and culturally diverse population preferred.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’s)
● Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
● Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
● Basic level skill in Microsoft Outlook (for example: viewing and responding to emails, creating new emails, viewing and editing calendars and/or scheduling meetings).
● Basic keyboarding skills (for example: operate by touch the letter, number and symbol keys with minimal errors).
● Basic Internet search engine skills experience to include opening a browser, typing in URLs in the correct location, using a search engine, bookmarking a site, navigating using back/forward/stop buttons, and filling out forms online.
● Basic level PC skills experience (for example: startup and shutdown computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc.).
● High energy and enthusiasm, positive, “can-do” attitude with a high degree of initiative.
● Must be able to work in a team environment and collaborative environment.
● High attention to detail.
● Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
● Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
● Commitment to working within low-income communities.
Henry J. Austin Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, civil union, domestic partnership, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, sex, gender identity, disability or veteran status.